Rochlitz Castle has idyllically been sitting enthroned for more than 1,000 years above the Zwickauer Mulde River between Leipzig and Chemnitz – and, still today, the majestic building is a true visitor attraction. Discover Rochlitz Castle and immerse yourself in its changeful history.
- Full rate 5,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 4,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 5.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 4.00
- Group rate adults: EUR 4.00 (applies to groups with 15 and more people)
- Guided tour surcharge outside opening hours: EUR 15.00
- EUR 2.00
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severely disabled people (entry »B« in the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 school students
- Media workers (valid identification required)
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
- Discount Pass “Sieben auf einen Streich” (“Seven at One Blow”): valid for Altzella, Gnandstein, Kriebstein, Mildenstein, Nossen, Rochlitz and Colditz. When submitting a full-rate ticket from one of the above properties, visitors are granted the reduced rate at the 2nd property. Those who visit all 7 properties with their “Discoverer’s Pass” will be admitted to the last property for free.
Subject to modifications.
Benefits with the schloesserlandCARD
| Free admission to the permanent exhibition |
| Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition |
Arrival & map
Next City: Chemnitz (37 km)
Nearest city: Chemnitz (37 km)
How to get there:
By public transport
· By train to Geithain, Narsdorf, Mittweida or Erlau. From there, Rochlitz is within easy reach by bus. For further information about bus connections, please, go to www.vms-mobil.de
· via A4, exit Chemnitz- Ost, continue along Federal Road B107
· via A14, exit Döbeln-Nord, continue along Federal Roads B169 and B175
· via A72, exit Rochlitz, continue along Federal Road B175
There are parking facilities close to the castle, at Mühlplatz in close vicinity to the castle and in the »Uferstraße« carpark near the Mulde River bridge at the end of the town towards Mittweida.
Tour buses may also park in the »Uferstraße« carpark near the Mulde River bridge.
Sörnziger Weg 1 | 09306 Rochlitz
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 3737 4923-10
Leisure activities and guided tours:
- all year round to be booked in advance, even if the museum is closed.
Please contact us at: Rochlitz@schloesserland-Sachsen.de
- April 1 to November 5
- Tue - Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat, Sun, public holidays: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- October 3 and 10: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- last admission: 1 hr before closing
November 6,2017 to March 2018
Subject to changes.
Subject to modifications.